Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

Whoop, There It Is: The Coolest 90's Shows

We all have a soft spot for the 90's, and since I am currently feeling under the weather (demon sickness gods, I curse you) I decided to do a totally 90's list of my favorite TV shows. Let's begin!

Roswell




Though it was a late 90's show, Roswell was out of this world. Heh, heh. Set in the eerie Roswell, New Mexico, the show follows the dramatic, and beautifully angsty, lives of three teenage aliens. Max, the main protagonist, isn't my personal favorite. It's all about Michael and Maria on Roswell, in my humble opinion. They are the most relatable couple. Not everything is the perfect teenage romance for them. They have ups, downs, alien invasions. You know, the usual. One day I will find the Michael to my Maria. "Here with me" by Dido will never be the same. 

Buffy the Vampire Slayer




The mecca of 90's TV shows, Buffy the Vampire Slayer wins them all. I started bingeing this show in my college years and found myself yearning for The Bronze to be a real nightclub. Wouldn't that be amazing? The best of the best 90's talent performed at The Bronze including Michelle Branch, Four Star Mary (who played the fictional Dingoes Ate My Baby),  and so many other rad bands. 

Willow, the ultimate ginger witch, is such a dynamic character. She starts out as a shy, slightly lost young girl who is just trying to find her place in the world and ends up discovering her Wicca side. Get down with your bad self. Willow and Oz have to be my favorite relationship. "A werewolf in love." If you know the show, that line will make you all warm and fuzzy. 

My So Called Life




What girl didn't want to be as aloof as Angela Chase? Yes, maybe I'm slightly biased because she was a redhead, but nonetheless. Then there's Jordan Catalano, aka a young and beautiful Jared Leto. Angela and Jordan have a tumultuous romance through the one season of this brilliant show. From Brian Krakow to Rayanne, this show is oozing with wonderful characters who bring so many different levels. 

I, like most people that love this show, believe that My So Called Life was robbed and should have had many more seasons. The way the show ends, with Brian Krakow being the ultimate nice guy and basically not really getting the girl, is kinda lame, but guys, it's Jordan Catalano. 

Boy Meets World




"Life's tough, get a helmet." This show was my entire childhood. Shawn Hunter will forever be my first crush. That hair flip, man. It really changed my life. Cory and Topanga molded the way I saw true love, with their adorable lipstick heart scene. The true fans know what scene I mean. However, my favorite character would have to be Eric. He is so silly, but fiercely devoted to his family and friends. Eric did marry a moose though, so there's that. Lucky moose. 

Friends




Although I didn't really watch this show in the 90's, it's hands down my favorite show of all time. Other shows may come and go, but Friends will always be my go-to show. When I'm feeling down, or just need a pick me up, I need to hear that quick clap. Chandler Bing is my soulmate and I can fully recite most episodes by heart. I have seen every single episode at least twice at this point. Basically, watching Friends with me is annoying. I would advise against it. I just love it too much. Could I BE any more obsessed? See, it's a problem. 

So Weird




One of the best shows Disney Channel created, So Weird was exactly that. The show centered around Fiona Phillips, who has a famous mom, aka Mackenzie Phillips. She goes on tour with her throughout the show, while experiencing some weird stuff with her friends. The show began with the actress, Cara DeLizia, who was eventually replaced by Alexz Johnson. This was probably the first and only replacement that ended up keeping the show weird, and even better at times. 


Welp, those are my all time favorite 90's shows. They're all that and a bag of chips! Okay, I'll stop now.

I leave you with this cheery image of Giles, the baddest Watcher there ever was.



No comments:

 
Blogger Template by Designer Blogs